Search This Blog

Pumpkin Spice Beanie--Part II

I wear this stupid orange hat too much. It's because I love it to death... it's slouchy enough to not look stodgy, but not too slouchy so it doesn't look unkempt. So I wear it almost every day. And I'm a little tired of it. My solution? Knit another... exactly the same way... in gray.

chunky orange beanie

My leftover ball of Lion Brand Thick & Quick from my Greige Beanie weighed in at 2.6 oz--exactly the same weight of my orange Pumpkin Spice Beanie. Serendipitous! Imbued with the good graces of the universe, I knit on.

scale for yarn

Here it is all knit up! I made it in a few hours exactly to my Pumpkin Spice Beanie pattern's specifications.

chunky gray beanie pattern
Ready to creep on in my new beanie...
In this photo, this hat looks a bit more fitted than the orange beanie... but I had just chucked it on my head and made no effort at "styling" it. Still cute!

handknit chunky beanie

It's a little boring that gray is one of my favorite colors, but it goes with everything. Gray on gray forever!

Happy making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give us your feedback!