Search This Blog

DIY Fabric Tassel Garland

I've been quiet on the blog front, but that's because I didn't have anything new to show you. At least, not until today! I've been gearing up for this year's season of craft shows, so I've been making the same things over and over again.

I decided to shake up my crafting routine a bit and make my craft booth a little cuter at the same time, so I made this fabric tassel garland.

diy fabric tassel garland tutorial handmade


upcycle diy fabric tassel rotary cutter

I already had all the supplies I needed on hand, so my cost for this project was $0! If you want to make your own, you need:
  • Fabric
  • Rope/Clothesline
  • Wire
  • Wire Cutters
  • Rotary Scissors
  • Ruler
  • Fabric Marker

upcycle fabric handmade tutorial tassel

First I cut my fabric to 4" x 20".

diy tutorial handmade fabric tassel

I marked the fabric at 9" and 11".

diy tutorial handmade fabric tassel

I used my rotary cutter to slice tassels into the fabric. The rotary cutter was a godsend. I could have used regular scissors, but that would have taken even longer! Since I knew I wanted to make at least 10 feet of tassels, rotary was the only way to go.

diy tutorial handmade fabric tassel

Then, I attached my cut fabric to my rope. I used craft wire I had on hand since this garland will hang outside, but inside garlands can use something cuter and less sturdy. 

diy tutorial handmade fabric tassel

To attach the fabric to the rope, I just folded the fabric in half over the rope and wrapped the wire around it.

diy tutorial handmade fabric tassel garland bunting

Easy as pie!

diy tutorial handmade fabric tassel bunting

I repeated the process a million times... or enough to get about 12 feet of tassel garland. My booth is only 10' x 10', but I wanted the tassel to have a little drape.

diy tutorial handmade fabric tassel garland bunting upcycle

And here it is all finished! I think this garland would be cute anywhere, would be especially cute in a nursery!

Happy making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give us your feedback!