Search This Blog

I Swear By My Pretty Floral Bonnet

posted by Diana
Winter is coming, but that doesn't mean your headgear has to reflect the dull and dreary landscape. Yep it's another post about a hat. What can I say? I'm a crazy hat lady.

I started out with this cute, but boring yellow hat I knit up.

Then I added a bit of springtime.


I knit up this hat in Vanna's Choice acrylic yarn on size 8 needles. I made up the pattern as I knit.


I chose flowers with fabric backs because I thought they would be easier to sew, but that didn't end up making a difference. I think any flower from the craft store would suffice.


I used a needle and thread and stitched the lower leaves of the flowers to the fabric. I didn't even use a fancy stitch--just a quick up and back through the hat.


And here it is on and finished and cuter!





This look can also be accomplished if you can't knit... just add your craft flowers to a store-bought hat! It's an easy and unique gift idea for your friends with quirky tastes.

Happy making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give us your feedback!