Search This Blog

Guest Bath Mini Makeover

Oh, life.

Oftentimes I like to think about what life will be like a month from now.  For the past year, it's been pretty predictable - grocery shopping, laundry, the occasional volunteering.  Some sort of house project always going on in the background.

But for the past few weeks, it's been difficult to do that, with so many changes/potential relocation.  My whole way of thinking is altered to, "Is this my last time at my favorite coffee shop?"  or "This once ugly drive gets more beautiful each day."  And every time I see a room in my house, it's, "Can I sell it this way?"

It's not a fun way to live, but it has prompted us to get on the ball a little bit.  (And put the desk on hold.)  First on the list was the leaky faucet, in the bathroom.


We knew it wouldn't pass home inspection, as it constantly drips.  We took a trip to a local DIY store and found some discount faucets.  We ended up going with satin nickel finishes instead of chrome.





...and then we took a second trip, when we found out our copper supply lines weren't long enough to reach our new faucet connections.  

Poor Stephen - the 25 year old pipes and the hard water didn't make for an easy or fun uninstallation. But after the old ones came out, the new ones were really easy to go in.



Meanwhile, I was busy updating the towel rods.  The old ones were chrome and also falling out of the wall, so it was time for them to come down.  Unfortunately, some of the anchors were coming out of the wall....



So I patched them with spackle.  We have textured walls, but I didn't have texture spray, so I just used plain ole spackle.  I think I'm the only one who can tell.




Back to the faucets.  Here's the before on the right and after on the left.  Looks so much better!


And the completed project.  Even though this project ended up costing about $150, it is a small price to pay for a passed home inspection.  Even though there's no guarantee we'll need to have an inspection yet, it's nice to have this out of the way.



Happy Monday!

posted by Emma

1 comment:

  1. Either way, it really updates the look of the bathroom. Nice work, Super DIY couple!

    ReplyDelete

Give us your feedback!