Search This Blog

Sweat Equity: Part 2



Have I ever told you how great Alamogordo is?   (Alamo-wha?)

Probably not.  I have probably complained to you a great deal about how the closest Target is exactly 67.1 miles away.  Or about how the line at WalMart is never shorter than 8 minutes.  Or how my idea of a good time is Chili's on a Saturday night.

That's what you've probably heard from me.  But I've neglected to tell you some of the other things.  Like how the night sky here has more stars than I've ever seen.  And how sitting in lawn chairs with a beer on a Friday night is the neighborhood's favorite pastime.  And how there are less things to distract me from the more important things in life, like enjoying nature (in a four wheeler) with a sweet husband.

Except for cows.  Cows always distract me.

I love the authentic Mexican food and running into friends at the grocery store.  And above all, I love being part of the local community through church and volunteering.  Despite my knocking, Alamogordo will actually hold some precious memories for me!


So, without further ado, I present the final installment of the Sweat Equity - Alamogordo series (part one available here).

Master bedroom
Painted trim, walls, and vanity
Self explanatory.  No post on this one.


Made a headboard
Here's the post about it.


Built nightstands
Still no post about these yet, but we love em!  Here's the Friday Favorites blurb.


Built a half-wall and installed a medicine cabinet
I don't have a single picture of this, likely due to my recent bout of technical issues.  But we have a medicine cabinet now, and no more of these... (the spindles in the left of the picture)


Master bathroom
Pallet shelf
Aw, my very first DIY Duet post.  Still lovin' it!


Toilet
One of the easiest projects, and worth every single penny.  Plus, they're low-flow, so environmentally friendly!   Especially in a desert climate.


Repaired bathtub dents
This is kind of a unique problem.  You can read about it here.


Refinished the bathtub
Still holding up great, by the way!  Just one little chip that drives me crazy.  Here you can read all about it.

Painted the grout
What a huge difference!  It's still holding up great on the floor tile and vertical shower tile.  The shower shelf is hurtin' a little, though.  Read about it here.



Guest bedroom

Repainted the dresser
The only piece of laminate furniture we have that I actually like.  Read about it here.


Guest bathroom
Retiled shower
I haven't done a post on this yet, mainly because it wasn't my favorite project.  But here you go.  One of the biggest transformations yet.  I repainted the walls too - I mixed the color from whatever I had on hand!

Toilet
Again, I say new toilets are under appreciated. This was the first toilet we did in the house.  I used it exclusively until we replaced the other one!  So much more comfortable.


Painted the vanity
It was just plain wood with the finish almost completely worn off.  I was going to stain it, but it went horribly wrong, so I ended up just going with white instead!  I also added the hardware.


Changed faucets and towel racks
I did a post on the mini-makeover.  Lovin not having the leaky faucet! (You can see the old faucets in the above picture.)


I hope I've talked you into moving here, and hopefully buying a house here... I actually have a great one in mind for you!  Let's talk! ;-)

Happy Monday!

posted by Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give us your feedback!