Search This Blog

Diana's Works in Progress

I always have a project going... I think it's genetic. My mom and her parents were the same way. I like something I can pick up when I'm home from work to give my hands something to do when I'm stuck inside in the winter. Or, let's be honest, any time of year.

I thought I only had two unfinished projects in my knitting basket... but I managed to round up much more.

This dinky piece of knitting is the start to a Sonoma Stole.  The Sonoma Stole is one of the first PDF patterns I purchased... and I'm ripping it out. I lost my row counter and forgot my place in the pattern. It would take me less time to rip out this little bit and re-knit it than it would to figure out where I left off!

sonoma stole knitting

Then there's this Clapotis. I've knit a Clapotis before in worsted weight acrylic. This yarn is meant for socks (and therefore a lighter weight than my previous Clapotis), so the drape of this shawl will be lovely for springtime. Which means I need to get it finished within a month or so!


Next up, I have another shawl. I've already shared it with you... and I don't think I've touched it since that post! The lifeline is in the exact same spot as before. I need to get cracking on this shawl as well--the soft yarn is perfect for warm-weather bare shoulders.

tree of life shawl knitting

And then there's another shawl. Apparently I was going through a phase? (Who am I kidding... I've made too many posts about shawls for this to be a passing fling.) Anyway... I literally found this unfinished project stuffed under my bed in an old Urban Outfitters shopping bag. I had completely forgotten I started knitting it! I haven't even tried to figure out which pattern I was knitting, but I think it's the Holden Shawlette by Mindy Wilkes.

holden shawlette knitting
What a mess.
I think it looks very beachy--like the sky and the sea.

knitpicks needles

Finally, something a bit different--I was knitting a pair of socks. I actually finished them, but when I tried them on, one sock was perfect and one sock was wonky and giant!

handknit socks

I ripped the odd sock to where I thought I'd messed up and haven't had the heart to finish it again. Then the needles slipped out. I picked up all the stitches and had the sock ready to be knit up. Then the needles fell out again. Blegh.

sock cuff handknit

I'm dreading picking up those stitches, but I want to wear my new pair of hand-knit socks! One day the want will outweigh the dread.

Until then, maybe I'll work on my Drips hat. I thought this hat would be so cool with the metallic yarn dripping into the black. Obviously not cool enough since I forgot I was knitting it. It was stuffed at the very bottom of my knitting basket and tangled up in every skein.

handknit hat drips


Of course, I have this blasted blanket that I only need to seam up.

granny hexagon blanket crochet

And, finally, most recently, I have this project I instagrammed. The pattern is Garter Squish by Stephen West. It's a great stash-buster and aptly named. I'm using all of my shiny acrylics in it and have already knit through three balls of acrylic!

garter squish blanket
Follow me on instagram @diranasaurus!
So, there you have it. An overview of my knitting future and the precursors to some awesome finished projects. Do you have too many WIPs to keep track of? 

Happy making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give us your feedback!