Search This Blog

Five Minute Easy Updates

!!!!! Feliz Cinco de Mayo !!!!!

In honor of the number 5, here are some roughly 5 minute crafts you can do to decorate your pad, or give as gifts.  Unfortunately I don't have 5 of them to share, but I hope you can still enjoy these few I have!




1)  Paint some glass bottles

These are sooo easy.  Here are the steps.
- Buy a bottle of wine.  Drink it all if you're having a bad day, or share with friends if you're feeling generous.  Either way, empty it.
- Pour in some acrylic paint.  If needed, add a little water to reduce the viscosity. Swirl it around until the inside is coated.
- After it's dry, use hot glue to dress it up however you want.


 I used a champagne bottle with white paint (it looks a little blue because of the glass) with twine.  The other one is a BBQ sauce bottle with antique white paint and leftover nailhead trim (without the nails)... it reminds me of Buzz Lightyear dressed up at the tea party with Mrs. Nesbitt. Anyone feel me here?

2) Paint your own canvases


I JUST NOTICED it looks like it says "BEHAVE" on top.  Another good reminder! haha.

I was at Target the other day, just wandering around, enjoying being there, when I came across a print (that I can't find online!) that said "Go your own way" with some cool arrows on either side.  I'm a firm believer that no room is complete without a Jason Mraz quote but ultimately I decided to use a Bible verse as inspiration instead.  But I kept the arrows.  (This one did take slightly longer than 5 minutes, but less than a half hour)

Use painter's tape to make shapes you don't trust yourself to freehand
I used leftover acrylic paint and already had the canvases so this project cost exactly $free.  I ended up just free-handing the letters, but I would have rather had stencils! Oh well.  I still love them.

3)  Raise your curtain rods



Of course to do this, you need longer curtains.  We have 8 foot ceilings, and most of the rooms have the standard 84 inch curtains.  But then I snagged some white sheers on clearance at Lowe's for only $5 - and they were 95 inches!  Out of laziness, I hung them and tied them with a knot in the middle to make them shorter.  But by raising the rods, my whole room feels bigger and more... expensive? Classy?  Either way, I am lovin it.


Hope you have a fun, safe day!  I'm off to make margaritas... I'll need them to get through this week's DIY
(here's a preview!).


posted by Emma


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give us your feedback!