Search This Blog

Post Craft Fair High

I had my first craft show this past Saturday and it was a blast! 
I left a lot of last minute details for the night before the show. I made final decisions on my table layout and had to cut up my fabric to fit my displays.
I even had a few crafts to finish up. And because I was delirious with excitement, I  decided to make pog earrings at midnight. Next time? Anything that's not finished will get left at home in favor of a better night's sleep.
I loaded up everything the morning of the show and very gently drove through town.

Setting up proved to be the most challenging part of the day. My tent weighs almost as much as me, but luckily I had a generous friend offer to help me put it up. I definitely couldn't have done it alone! A few people there had umbrella canopies and I think I'm going to follow suit. They looked much nicer than what I have and I would be able to set it up in the wee hours of the day without any assistance. 
My displays were super easy to take down...I just chucked everything in bags and (again) had friends help me take down the tent and toss everything in my car. 
Surprisingly, I didn't sell a single pair of earrings! My best customers were kids and they were drawn to the not-so-subtle flower crowns. Time to get back to making and replenish my stock!
My biggest mistake was not wearing sunscreen. I was under my tent the entire time, but the sun started creeping under in the afternoon and I slowly baked in the heat. Next time I'll be sure to remember...

Happy making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give us your feedback!