Search This Blog

The Things I Never Did

Hey guys!  If you think about it today (or right now!) say a quick prayer that we'll sell our house this week.  We are hoping our latest showing went so well there will be an offer today or tomorrow!

Now that our home is in sell-mode, it doesn't feel as much like home.  Don't get me wrong - sell-mode has its perks.  It's always way, way cleaner in the house.  I have counter space for days (even though I had a minor breakdown when clearing them off.  Who knew a toaster could bring me to tears?).  The bed always gets made, and I'll admit, crawling into a nicely made bed feels really good at night.

But sell-mode also means we can't make long-term messes.  In fact, all home-improvement has been halted - why put money in when we're leaving? (Actually, there are some very good things to put money into.  Watering the lawn, as an example.  Also, doing paint touchups or fixing a leaky faucet.)

Even though I love love love our house - our home - our first home together - there are a few more things on the checklist.  If we were here another year or so, we'd tackle a few of them.  I hope the new owners won't mind!

1.   Replace kitchen countertops and install backsplash.
There's not much wrong with ours - some chips here and there.  Just to open up the kitchen, though, I would lose the breakfast bar and bring it all down to counter height.  I'm not sure what we would do for counters though.... I do love the warmth of butcher block...



2.  Replace bathroom lighting.
Both bathroom lights look like this.  They used to be a wood/brass combination, but I used my favorite ORB spray paint to give it a makeover.  One day, I'd like to spend a little money and put in a little fancier one... not this one that probably cost $10!



3. Master bathroom renovation.
Eventually, I'd like to modernize the countertop and sinks and faucets like we did in the guest bath.  I'd also one day like to replace my made-over jetted tub with a newer model (and less noisy jets!)



4. Landscape the backyard.
We know it's a mess, but our front yard looks so awesome we kind of forgot about the backyard.  Plus, we're close to a busy street.  I would have loved to PAY SOMEONE (no more DIYing landscaping.  Ever again.)  to plant some tall shrubs to block road noise and give us some privacy, plus grow grass and even some flowers and peppers!



5.   Replace this fan.
It's a small thing, but this fan is ugly and small.  We just didn't replace it because it's in the guest room... and we don't get many visitors here in Alamogordo.  Surprised me too.




I'm sure once we did all those things, more things would pop up.  Like replacing windows, scraping the rest of the ceilings, re-tiling the kitchen, etc.  Oh well - I guess the new owners will have fun tackling those things!  We are on to the next one! (eventually.)

Happy Monday!

posted by Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give us your feedback!